Monday, December 28, 2009

Something to shout from the rooftops!

ALERT!!! Let it be known that Mike has some white blood cells! After a full seven days of a WBC count at zero, the absolute neutrophil count (ANC) was an even 100 this morning. Come on 500. Platelets stayed steady at 19,000 and red blood count was also good, so no blood products needed today. Had a 1/2 grilled cheese and clam chowder for lunch, so IV nutrition stops at 9 pm tonight. Walking all over the place. And, no fevers yet.

Now I am going to order a milkshake and watch Monday Night Football. Talk to you all soon. Mike

7 comments:

  1. YOU ROCK! Mike, I felt so celebratory all day and had a little extra jingle in my step. I love you so much! So courageous! So strong! Such a fine medical speciman.... but I suppose I knew that already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading your posts each day and I must say this is my favorite one so far.
    Yippee for those white blood cells! Mmmm...please tell me you ordered that milkshake...sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT IS AWESOME!!! I just knew you would graft quickly. I just had a feeling. Congratulations! Enjoy that milkshake - I bet it tastes extra good tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoooWhoooo! Come on you little hatchlings-keep multiplying!!! Now this is what I'm talking about -milkshakes!!!

    I am sure you are stutting around the triangle a few extra times today!!

    Thank you Lord for Mike's strength and courage. Continue to cover him with protection, and healing. You know the plan you have for him Lord, and it will be good! Okay, enough from the resident pray-er, but I just can't help myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were thrilled to hear the news! Your blog
    does more for us then you know...you're the LION
    that roars! Each day is one big step for Mike!
    God Bless,
    Virginia & Ron

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic!!!! We're all awaiting the next laps of the ANC 500!! Yahoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mike,

    Diane and I are so happy to hear you are on the mend and doing so well. You have been in our thoughts and prayers the past few months even though we were late to view your blog.

    You are a trooper, a fighter, a lucky man in so many ways, and we love you.

    Looking forward to see you soon. Take it easy upon your release...

    Gary

    ReplyDelete