Monday, December 21, 2009

Not pancreatitus! (I'm a phonetic speller)

After talking with Mike I learned that they now think he doesn't have the pancreas thing. Now they think that he has mucousus (another one I am not sure I have correctly) which is, again use your patience here as I attempt to explain this and probably get wrong, the sores and such you get normally in your mouth. What I understood is that Mike has taken really good care of his mouth (they give meds and a cleaning routine) but perhaps somehow it has gone into his digestive tract. They will give him IV nutrients, and meds. His stomach seemed to be not painful hurting this evening, just back to the mild "full" feeling with nausea. Who thought that would be good news? I felt relieved that the pain in his tummy seemed calmed.

He also enjoyed visits from Steve, Bill Herzog, his mom, and Paul, his brother. Probably exhasting to get so many visitors, but I could tell it really perked him up. Thanks to you all!

3 comments:

  1. Casey, thanks for the update. Glad you got a little adult time. Hi to Jack & Owen-help take care of your mom while your dad gets better.

    Mike, if I could take on some of your pain so it would be easier for you, I would. Love you, and I'm praying every day. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike, Casey and boys:
    The updates are great albeit hard to hear how difficult these past few days have been for you all. I know you and your family to be so strong and am confident that will help you all through this part of the treatment. Like Karen, wish I could take on some of the pain. The reward is getting closer each day! Bette Abel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, we are definitely focused on the long-term. And, there's no doubt the whole goal of this thing is to benefit us in the future. Doesn't make the present any easier, but it gives you something to reach for. All the kind words, thoughts and prayers are truly appreciated. Mike

    ReplyDelete