Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Casey's Update Wednesday

Hi everyone! It's Casey. I have finally managed to chime in since, for some reason, I have a spare 5 minutes. I spoke with Mike earlier this evening and today the whole thing was a lot more like what they made it out to be - flu symptoms, none of which sound like a walk in the park. But, when I spoke with him, he felt stabilized at least. He was able to get some sleep last night. The next days will be tough. Tomorrow will be day -1, meaning it will be his last day of chemo, and then Friday is day ZERO. As I mentioned to some of you - consider this your "Save the Date" card for Mike's 1 year anniversary blow out 2010!

Wow, it is really raining. I can tell our cat misses Mike. He's waiting for Mike to come home. Since Mike is his favorite, Kramer (our cat) always cuddles with him. Now, however, I guess Kramer is taking sloppy seconds. He's sitting on my lap as I type.

BHVC (Mike's work and second family) sent him some of those gel letters to put up on his window, and he really likes them. He said he put them up this morning right after he received them. Thank you!

It seems my creativity for writing at this time matches my capacity for thought - not so much. However, I would like to end with our goings-on and also a thank you.
Goings on: Owen's last day before vacation is tomorrow, and he will have a party with a pinata (though he never wants to hit is). Jack worked on Kenyan baskets today, and tomorrow will do a ceramics project. I have just been going to work, though also trying to sneak in a few holiday jobs as well.
Thank you: We truly are thankful for all the words of kindness, prayers, and continued support that you all have given. Please know that though I am behind on responding to everyone, I have read it all - the emails, posts, and cards. In fact, I re-read many of them, but not out loud, because it makes me cry.
Well, off I go for my "nighttime jobs" as we call them. Adios todos! Casey

2 comments:

  1. Mike and Casey,

    You are in our thoughts and our prayers daily. You are SO strong! Can't wait for you to come home.

    "Be strong and courageous.Do not be afraid or terrified, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you or forsake you."

    Your friends,
    The Habermans

    ReplyDelete